Microsoft Edge Doesn't Show Its Icon on the Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have just reloaded Windows 10 and applied all of the updates. Additionally, I have loaded Malwarebytes and CCleaner and performed the scans. Lastly, I ran Windows Defender to make sure I didn’t have any viruses.

I found the following write-up below and performed the tasks described.

Maybe you need to reinstall edge before  do this   below>>

winlogo + X > windows powershell admin > then copy paste   this command below

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation   -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage   -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register   "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If it does not appear, Second we need to delete the corrupt   Microsoft Edge Folder. Close edge then the path =>   C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Delete the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"   Folder

You may not able to delete the folder itself and 2 or 3 files.   but it does'nt matter. Select the folder, Hit Delete, Then if it asks for   admin privileges, Just hit skip and then ok . Restart the computer.  You   could do it in safe mode if fails to delete.

Then Launch Powershell as administrator and run the following   command. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach   {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register   "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Hit enter and once the command is executed, Quit powershell   and restart the computer to complete the process.

My problem is still with me. When I launch Microsoft Edge, the icon doesn’t show up on the Taskbar. The area where the icon should show up is blank. Edge is actually on the Taskbar, but is blank without an icon.

As I mentioned above, my laptop has been refreshed and has been completely reloaded.

Can you point me to a solution? Is there a hotfix for this problem?

Thank you for any help you can give me. In the meantime, I’ll keep looking for an answer.

..Roger Race.

(623) 225-9633 (M)

PS: I rarely ask for help, but this problem doesn’t want to go away.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:28 PM