lync 2010 internal ca certificat ,cant sign in from lync/sfb client from android RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have a test lab of lync 2010. i have issued all certificates from internally signed CA. while i can sign in to lync from sfb client and lync client on windows os from our lan environment but cannot sing in from android device.

it gives error "Can't sign in. Please verify your sign-in address and any updates you made in advanced options"

when i go to https://meet.mydomain.com using chrome i get error. your connection is not private.

so my question is. 

1: is it possible to sign in to android if your lync is using internal ca certificates ?

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kproic,

No, Android could not login to Lync server 2010 if you just have internal CA certificate, because Android login to Lync server 2010 by reverse proxy server, it use public CA to receive Android request. Please refer to the following link to get more details about Lync server 2010 mobile:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/10386.how-to-configure-lync-server-2010-mobility-service.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Holger Bunkradt Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kproic Monday, September 4, 2017 7:00 PM
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Hi Kproic,

Are there any update for your issue, did you resolve this issue?

If any issue, please post in our forum, we glad to help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hi Kproic,

Are there any update for your issue, did you resolve this issue?

If any issue, please post in our forum, we glad to help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Hi Alice

seems like its not possible as mentioned in above post by Jim.

• Edited by Kproic Monday, September 4, 2017 6:59 PM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 4:32 PM