none
Add a folder to domain Favorites

Question

• Hi

I am the domain admin  and we have redirection users profiles

I am publishing the favorites from GPO under "User Config/Shurtcuts"

and since they are using also there personal favorites there is a big Mix

now I would like to add a Folder under Favorites and put there all the Work favorites

I have tried doing so with User Config/Folder/Create/Folder (path:
    \\srv\XX$\%username%\favorites\XXX_Favorites)
    hide

nothing happens :(

even under rsop I cannot see this category

if there is any other option ?

thanks

TK

Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:13 AM

All replies

• hi.

You must ensure that the folder redirection path is correct and has suitable N T F S Permissions.check it path and try again.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Hi

sorry , the redirection is working fine the user favorites is in the exact place it should be

my problem is that I I need to add a new folder under favorites folder

when I need to add a new shortcut its ok , only folders I cannot

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Hi,
    If I understand correctly, the problem now is that you can’t create a new folder via group policy, am I right?
    If that is the case, please create a new GPO with the configuration for creating new folder and apply it, then run gpresult /h command to view the report if there is error message regarding the GPO not applying and you could check the event logs to see more information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:18 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:06 AM