HELP - I need a solution for upgrading from Entourage RRS feed

• Question

• I have a significant and sizable history of emails dating back to around 2000 that i still reference daily. All of which are in Entourage from Office 2008. I held off upgrading to Outlook because i believe it was difficult/impossible to transfer my rules and preferred set up. I am on a new Mac using the standard Apple email application because i haven't figured out a decent solution to work with my huge email database - my older emails are stranded on my previous Mac. I am hesitant to spend $200+ on Office 2011 because it appears outdated and that even Microsoft has moved on to 365 - its also a lot to spend for an email application. I never use any of the other Office products. I have scoured the web for other applications that can import Entourage databases and have found nothing. I can't find any solutions on the Microsoft site... I really need a solution.

Ideally i would like to be able to purchase a nicely upgraded version of Outlook that could handle the import effortlessly without having to purchase the entire Office package - but i realize that is pure fantasy.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:46 PM