need audio driver help RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I was trying to upload my audio drivers (version says 8-06 driver 6.0 point something.  I went to realtecks site and downloaded the most recent hd audio drivers.  I unistalled the old one and reinstalled the new one.  It does not take and it leaves me with the old driver from 2006.  Is there another driver I should be dl ing?

Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi

There is no way that we can determine which driver you should be installing?

You need to ask the maker of the audio card that you have installed for this information. Make sure that the audio card and the driver are Vista compatible. They should also have the instructions for installing the driver.

You can check for compatibility on the following website.

Windows Vista Compatibility Center:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Michael

Go to Start and type  msino32  in the search box. Press Enter.

Expand 'Components' in the left menu and select 'Sound Device'. This should show the detailed information. If you still cannot determine the device, contact the maker of the computer.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi

There is no way that we can determine which driver you should be installing?

You need to ask the maker of the audio card that you have installed for this information. Make sure that the audio card and the driver are Vista compatible. They should also have the instructions for installing the driver.

You can check for compatibility on the following website.

Windows Vista Compatibility Center:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Hey Ronnie,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I have no idea what type of sound card I have.  I went intot the device manager but it is just very generic with only one tab on the properties which is "general"  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michael

Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:55 PM
  • Michael

Go to Start and type  msino32  in the search box. Press Enter.

Expand 'Components' in the left menu and select 'Sound Device'. This should show the detailed information. If you still cannot determine the device, contact the maker of the computer.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:34 PM