How to send emails to recipients in custom email column RRS feed

• Question

• In addition to the regular email field in "Contacts", I created an additional custom field entitled "SMS Email".  In this I put the specific cell phone carrier SMS email for my contacts. (ie phonenumber@vtext.com which is Verizon) The purpose for this is so when I send an important email to a group of contacts I can then send the SMS email that will contact them by their phone texts to alert them to the email.

However, I have found the SMS field unusable.  It shows up as a column in my Contacts list but no way to send emails from it.  In fact when I email someone the entry does not even show up when selecting contacts.  I haven't even been able to copy the contents of the column to a text file.  

Any suggestions on how I can send emails to the addresses in this custom field?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you create extra column shown as following picture?

>>However, I have found the SMS field unusable.  It shows up as a column in my Contacts list but no way to send emails from it. 

When I tested this in my Outlook 2016, I get the same results with you. This could be by design that we could not send email to addresses in custom column.

As a workaround, we could add multiple email addresses to one contacts. Please refer to the details in this link.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, July 6, 2018 1:48 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just check whether the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have other concern about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, July 9, 2018 1:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:17 AM