none
SQL Protection Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can we create single protection group for SQL different versions.

In my current scenario i have created one protection group & include two different sql versions (SQL 2008 & SQL 2012 SP1 CU2) and scheduled for long term backup.

Job is running at scheduled time but sql 2012 backup is not happening & even no log generated regarding backup failed.

when we initiate backup manually its successfully completed, i'm unable to find the way.....

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Combine different SQL-server versions in a protection group is supported.
    I would look into the permissions on the SQL-instances and verify that the account the DPM-agent is using have access to the instances.

After the permissions has been verified, try to stop protection of one database(retain data) and then add the database back into the protection group.

If the above actions does not help you will have to look into the DPM-logs and Event-logs on both the DPM-server and SQL-servers to further troubleshoot your issue.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:05 AM
  • HI Markus Eliasson, Thanks for response..

but if there is a permission issue then how come manually backup is working fine, when we right click on that protection group having all SQL DB's & select create recovery point that task completed successfully.

In addition there is no logs in Event Viewer (Application, DPM Agent, DPM Backup) as well in DPM Monitoring Console when skipping DB's.

Thanks

Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:11 AM