Documents Folder won't redirect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,  I have an existing W2k3 network with redirected folders.  Everything works fine for XP.  I attached a Win 7 computer to the domain and created a new Folder Redirection Policy from the Win 7 computer to take advantage of more folder options to redirect.  The settings are the same for all folder redirects.  On the Win 7 computer everything redirects fine except the Documents\Music\Videos\Pictures folders.  There is no errors shown. Event Viewer\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\Folder Redirection\Operational gets me this information on the Documents folder redirect.

Folder "Documents" has to be redirected.
    Redirection options = 0x80000004.
    Parent folder = "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}".
    Path = "".
    Group = S-1-1-0.

Any ideas why the Path is blank?
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please check the policy settings. Folder redirection for Windows 7 is different than it in Windows XP.

Folder Redirection Overview 

Also please read the following article. It will be helpful when you redirect folders.

When you redirect the Documents folder on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer to a network share, the folder name unexpectedly changes back to Documents 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:31 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Currently for XP machines our Group Policy redirects the My Documents folder to \\server\share\%USERNAME%\My Documents.  When I use folder redirect for Win 7 can I enter the same redirect location or do I have to change My Documents to Documents?  

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Yes. Also you need to add the redirect rules for Music, Videos and Pictures.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:57 AM