none
cubes filtered for viewer RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi

I am not very experienced with SSAS, and I can't find a way to solve my problem.
    I want to show the same cube to different viewers, only, the cube should be filtered, so that if person X views it, he sees data regarding country A, if person Y views it, she sees data regarding country B etc. It shouldn't be possible for a person to see data on a country, which she hasn't been given permission to.

If I need to create individual cubes to achieve this, is there a simple way to do this, or do I have to create individual Data Source Views and then create each cube manually?

Thanks

- Carsten Hynne

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:44 PM

Answers

• Just create a role for each country giving that role permissions on the country inside the countries dimension.

Add each each user to the correct role and they should only be able to see their own country's data.

Steve
    • Marked as answer by Hynne Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:40 PM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:43 PM

All replies

• Just create a role for each country giving that role permissions on the country inside the countries dimension.

Add each each user to the correct role and they should only be able to see their own country's data.

Steve
    • Marked as answer by Hynne Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:40 PM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:43 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like you're right. Roles will solve my problem, as soon as I've learned to make MDX queries.

Enjoy the holidays and thank you once again.

- Hynne
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:42 PM