Changing Themes With Multiple Display Adapters? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Nvidia 8600GT & Nvidia 6150 with the current drivers. Vista Aero works fine.

When I try installing another Vista theme it reverts back to the non Aero look and I have to change it back to Aero and the MS Aero theme.

Is there a way to use other themes with multiple adapters?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:30 AM

Answers

•  

Thanks for the update.

Lautermilch, I'd like to inform you that currently the official theme download is not available. However, I have tested the issue on a similar computer and got the same result. We will continue to test it and perform further research to see if this is a compatibility issue with third party theme and dual display adapters. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:37 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Lautermilch, thanks for posting here. Before we go further, please let me know which Vista theme are you going to install. Meanwhile, please make sure you have updated Nvidia driver to the latest version. For other Multi Monitor Support information, you can check the following article:

MultiMonitor Support and Windows Vist

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:18 AM
  • I have a Nvidia 8600GT & Nvidia 6150 with the most current drivers. Vista Aero works fine.

None of them Vista themes I have downloaded will work. When I try to switch to one the screen goes to basic non Aero Windows.

I am the local admin. This is a new install of Vista

Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:38 PM
  •  

Hi Lauternilch, could you let me know the link that you downloaded the theme? For third party theme, however, we cannot guarantee it will work with Multiple display adapters, you may need to confirm with third party vendor. You can let me know the download link and we can perform some tests on it and let you know the result. Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, January 23, 2009 2:48 AM
  • I tried install packages from a number of different sites with the same result of none working. 

After reading the last reply I did attempt to find some actual Microsoft Vista themes but did not.

Can you please provide a link to a tested theme and I will try it and let you know the results?

Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:02 PM
  •  

Thanks for the update.

Lautermilch, I'd like to inform you that currently the official theme download is not available. However, I have tested the issue on a similar computer and got the same result. We will continue to test it and perform further research to see if this is a compatibility issue with third party theme and dual display adapters. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:37 AM