Can the program Yardi be intalled on Windows 7 64 bit system? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have the accounting/property mgmt  program Yardi installed on my computer which is using Vista 32 bit.  I tried transferring it to a new laptop someone gave me which is using Windows 7 64 bit.   I was not able to transfer the program. 

Any hlep or advice would be appreciated.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi WandaorEric,

I would like to confirm if you were trying to use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer the program. If so, please understand that Windows Easy Transfer only can transfer the following data:

• User accounts
    • Files and folders
    • Program data files and settings
    • E-mail messages, settings, and contacts
    • Photos, music, and videos
    • Windows settings
    • Internet settings

NOTE: Programs (applications) are not transferred.

Therefore, please reinstall Yardi on your new laptop to resolve the issue. By the way, according to Yardi Genesis System Requirements, Yardi Genesis 5.1.02 Yardi Systems only works in Windows 7 Professional (both x32 and x64 bit editions). Therefore, please confirm your operating system edition before installing it. Also, please contact Yardi Support directly about this.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, December 24, 2009 7:02 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually, a pure 32 bit program should have been able to run on 64 bit operation systems. However, I tried to find the Yardi program in Windows 7 compatibility centre but failed to see it list there. Also, I am sorry that one of the Windows features "Windows easy transfer" could not transfer application data.

Are you able to reinstall the application on Win7 64 bit? Or just the transfering encountered issue?

Better contact their support for direct assisstance asking them if the app can work on win7 64 bit and how to transfer the data info.

If the installation won't complete, I suggest use vista compatible mode to install the app.

Right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu, select Compatibility tab, choose Windows Vista, under "Settings", better check "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition". Save settings and try installing again.

If the transfering encountered issue, try run the application in compatibility mode and run as administrator.

Good Luck.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 6:12 AM
  • Hi WandaorEric,

I would like to confirm if you were trying to use Windows Easy Transfer to transfer the program. If so, please understand that Windows Easy Transfer only can transfer the following data:

• User accounts
    • Files and folders
    • Program data files and settings
    • E-mail messages, settings, and contacts
    • Photos, music, and videos
    • Windows settings
    • Internet settings

NOTE: Programs (applications) are not transferred.

Therefore, please reinstall Yardi on your new laptop to resolve the issue. By the way, according to Yardi Genesis System Requirements, Yardi Genesis 5.1.02 Yardi Systems only works in Windows 7 Professional (both x32 and x64 bit editions). Therefore, please confirm your operating system edition before installing it. Also, please contact Yardi Support directly about this.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, December 24, 2009 7:02 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 7:00 AM
  • Not sure if you still need this.

Install SQL Express 2008 64 bit as downloaded from Microsoft.

Download - SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=01af61e6-2f63-4291-bcad-fd500f6027ff&displaylang=en

Then Install Yardi.

All should work as expected.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:26 PM