Internet Explorer 8 security issues RRS feed

• Question

• Sir

I have just installed windows web server 2008 on a brand new formatted HP server.   The security settings for internet explorer have made this product impossible to use.   Every Microsoft page coming up has several security warnings and when I try to upgrade to IE9 oh no, computer he says no!   I am not allowed to use this because of my security settings.   I have looked at the issue page from you but it still doesn´t work.   1. Why do you not test these things before you release them and 2. how the xxll do I get IE8 to work?

You should not release products with this level of issues, you will lose business and make people want another supplier.   Up to now I have been a fervent follower of MS and an advocate for you but these issues make it impossible for me to back you.   Please help me with a simple workable way to get IE working.

John Cazaly

Monday, May 27, 2013 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted Sites icon, 'Sites' button add

*.live.com

server versions of IE run in Enhanced Protected Mode.... use a normal user account for casual web surfing. Use the Administrator account for software downloads/maintenance.... downloads are only allowed from sites in the Trusted sites list.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:59 AM