none
Emails Stuck in OWA drafts

Question

• Dear all,

I have a exchange 2013, all emails are stuck in the draft in OWA and it didn't sent

also in the queue all emails didn't go through

transport log shows the following

failed to connect, Winsock error code, 10061, win32 error code 10061

any help?

Mohamed Azoz

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please check your send connector's settings and check if connector's smart host is available.
    Winsock error 10061 means that connection to remote service has been refused.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:34 AM
  • I didnt use smart host

and the draft issue what is the reason for that

Mohamed Azoz

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Do you send messages directly from exchange server via mx records registered in dns?
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:52 AM
  • In OWA the draft folder is the outbox of you rich outlook application. This means that exchange does not want to collect the email from that folder to send it out for processing.

If email stays in that folder it is a indication something is wrong in the backend. Most likely is one of the following:

1. Exchange is applying backpressure due to low disk or low memory ( you should see errors in the eventviewer starting with 150** )
    2. Not all the exchange services are started ( check the exchange services that are in the automatic start state )
    3. your exchange server can`t reach the next hop in the mailflow and is building up transport queue up to the limit backpressure is being applied.

MCTS exchange 2013 | MCTS-MCITP exchange 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Exchange: 2007 | MCSA Messaging: 2003 | MCP windows 2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:52 AM
  • - memory and space are working perfect

-all exchange services working fine except exchange 2013 transport submission, when i try to start it it gave me error that service stopped after starts

Mohamed Azoz

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:04 AM
  • You can't send messages while submission service is not running.
    You should check event log.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:14 AM
  • yes i do

Mohamed Azoz

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:46 AM
  • Hi Mohamed,

What related event logs do you get ? Please post out, it will help troubleshot the issue.

Moreover, based on my searching, many problems are caused by DNS configuration incorrectly, you can refer to the following cases and check if any helps:

Exchange Mailbox Transport Submission Service not stating Exchange 2013

Exchange 2013 DNS Settings Cause Transport Services to Crash

Exchange 2013: Transport Service & Transport Submission service fail to start fix

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:03 AM