Skype for Business - Invites/IM are not being received to Skype RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

we have recently set up Skype for business 2015 on premises and configured federation, so that it can communicate with the outside world. I can search the skype directory, find users and add them.

Unfortunately users on a standard skype account don't receive any notifications, that they've been added.

I did a lot of research and found lots of simillar questions that are unresolved. Some gave the advice that you can receive notifications on web.skype.com with notifications enabled, but this also doesn't work for me.

Please also see this thread: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/not-receiving-skype-for-business-invitation-on/c9d5746d-0150-4321-8a3d-f13a241408a8

I am out of ideas. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Marcel

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I’m wondering if the issue only happen to specific user or all users had the issue?

When you send IM from SFB, are there any error reported? If so, please provide it for us to do troubleshooting.

And in the case you add SFB account from Skype Consumer side, could you send IM to SFB user?

If the specific user had the issue, please make sure both client version are up to date. Also please try to re-enable the SFB user profile if the issue persists.

If all users have such issue, please check the steps that you deployed with Skype connectivity.

Have you ever been registered in https://pic.lync.com?

If not, please check the steps introduced in the below two articles:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-skype-connectivity

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/11/09/step-by-step-skype-connectivity-configuration-with-on-premise-skype-for-business-2015/

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:28 AM
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I don't receive an error message, nit in desktop client and not in web client.

I followed all the steps for configuration and all federation works without any issue. I can also browse and search for skype standard users. But the invites just don't appear.

Thanks and regards

Marcel

Friday, February 15, 2019 12:06 PM
  • Hi Marcel,

Have you tried searching the SFB account from Skype for Consumer side?

Just to see if the invitation will be prompted if you search from Skype for Consumer side.

If it appears when searching from Skype side, then it would be the issue caused from Skype (Make sure you have installed the latest client version for both SFB and Skype). As based on my test, sometimes Skype Consumer sometimes is not that stable for this feature, we would need to add contacts from Skype side.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

Any update for this query? Could you get the invitation when searching from Skype (for consumer)?

If the reply is helpful to you, please help mark it as an answer as this will assist users who have similar issues find the answer more efficiently in the community.

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:24 AM