Office 365 account not activating RRS feed

• Question

• My Office 365 account has been used once to activate Office on my work counputer. Today, I was trying to activate Office on my home laptop but I got an error which said there is no license assigned to my Office 365 account. I'm sure I have the correct license as I can activate Office on my work computer. I've tried restarting Office and my computer still the same error. Anyone met this issue before?

Friday, November 30, 2018 3:22 PM

Answers

• My Office 365 account has been used once to activate Office on my work counputer. Today, I was trying to activate Office on my home laptop but I got an error which said there is no license assigned to my Office 365 account. I'm sure I have the correct license as I can activate Office on my work computer. I've tried restarting Office and my computer still the same error. Anyone met this issue before?

Hi,

What's the detailed Office product version used in your work computer and home computer? Please make sure you are using the same product.

Generally, Office 365 for Business or Enterprise plan supports to install Office apps on up to five PCs. If you want to install your Office 365 apps on another computer, please try to reinstall Office 365 from Portal.office.com to check if you can install and activate it. About how to reinstall Office 365, please read:
    Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac 

Anything unclear about it, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:41 AM

All replies

Hi,

What's the detailed Office product version used in your work computer and home computer? Please make sure you are using the same product.

Generally, Office 365 for Business or Enterprise plan supports to install Office apps on up to five PCs. If you want to install your Office 365 apps on another computer, please try to reinstall Office 365 from Portal.office.com to check if you can install and activate it. About how to reinstall Office 365, please read:
    Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac 

Anything unclear about it, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Friday, December 7, 2018 2:15 AM