Computers (devices) in Dashboard not providing options to restore files, look at backups (and change cleanup options) or backup the device RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if its a result of my test environment (Windows 8.1 client, WSE2012R2 server, client been moved off domain then back) but I can't find out where the options to view the list of backups against a client, restore files from these backups or start a new backup have gone on the Dashboard.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:12 PM

Answers

• Removed computer and reinstalled connector and this time worked fine. Possibly something to do with my messing with domain membership after installing connector in (standard) domain mode. Can't be more exact than that unfortunately, otherwise would "bug" this.
    Monday, July 29, 2013 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven’t met this scenario now, would you please provide us the screen shot?

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Hello Andrew

This option is available from dashboard. Highlight the client, Click on view computer properties from tasks pane.

In the property window we have a tab by the name "Backup". This contains the list of backups .

If you want to restore the data of the client, you can follow the steps.

• On the client, using launch pad, open the dashboard, using Admin Credentials
    • Select the client, right click and chose the option "Restore Files and Folders for the computer"
    • This will open up a wizard and list the available backups.
    • Select a backup from which you intend to restore the files and folders and click next
    • On the next window you can chose the folder you want to restore, click next
    • Select the location you want to restore and complete the wizard

If you are not able to get a list of backups you are running into one of the two probability.

A. The client was not backed up successfully or

B. When you removed the client you selected an option to delete the backup for the client.

Please revert back if you have any queries.

Regards

Mohammed Sabir [MSFT]

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Mohammed Sabir [MSFT]

Friday, July 26, 2013 11:34 PM
  • Removed computer and reinstalled connector and this time worked fine. Possibly something to do with my messing with domain membership after installing connector in (standard) domain mode. Can't be more exact than that unfortunately, otherwise would "bug" this.
    Monday, July 29, 2013 3:42 PM