Windows 7 Documents Library with Redirected My Docs RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with the Windows 7 Library feature with redirected My Docs to a file server. For a variety of reasons, we have offline files disabled on these machines. When a laptop user logs into their account on location the PC shows the redirected My Docs no problem, but if the laptop is offsite and the users logs in using cached credentials and then connects to the VPN, they can't see their My Docs from the Documents Library in Windows Explorer.

If I delete the Documents Library and rebuild the default libraries, it then displays appropriately and the same is true if I simply kill explorer from task manager and restart. Also, any other program running (Word, Excel, etc) can pickup on the Documents library with the My Docs redirection and read it just fine, it just doesn't display in Explorer. This can also be replicated using a desktop or VM by logging in with the network disconnected and then connecting after login. I've also tested on a couple other domains and this doesn't seem to be specific to my environment.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this behavior so that a remote user can simply open their Documents Library from the Start Menu after connecting to our VPN without having to use offline files?

Jory

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:25 PM