Computer not shown in a Computers node in AD. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've met  a problem: my computer (btw it is a domain controller) isn't shown in AD UC -> domain -> Computers node. But I need it to be in this node for MSMQ configuration.

How to add it to this node?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:41 AM

Answers

• I wouldn't do it.

IMPORTANT: Do not move any domain controller accounts out of the default Domain Controllers OU, even if some administrators log on to them to perform administrative tasks. Moving these accounts will disrupt the consistent application of domain controller policies to all domains.

REF: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700835.aspx

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Friday, October 30, 2015 1:08 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi

Domain Controller is located on Domain Controller OU on AD UC,also you can move it to anoter OU (you want computers OU),Right click the DC you want to move,and select properties->Object Tab->uncheck"Protect Object from accidental deletion",but this is not recommended to move DC to another OU.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:47 AM
  • I wouldn't do it.

IMPORTANT: Do not move any domain controller accounts out of the default Domain Controllers OU, even if some administrators log on to them to perform administrative tasks. Moving these accounts will disrupt the consistent application of domain controller policies to all domains.

REF: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc700835.aspx

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Friday, October 30, 2015 1:08 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:50 AM