none
copy paste policies from one computer to another RRS feed

• Question

• in my company there are 15 computers no domain, i have created non-administrative user based policies to the computer and now i need to apply the same policies on all computers. is there any way to copy and paste or import the policies to all the computers step by step guide. it is a policy.msc file. 

Below are the steps I used

in cmd  typed mmc and from there i added add remove snap in added group policy object BROWSE NOn administrators. after that i applied policies to the non administrators and saved it on my desktop with the file name as GP. the extension of file is .msc applied policies to windows 7 ultimate 64 BITS.

copy pasted both folders “%systemroot%\system32\grouppolicy” to other computer used the command gpupdate /force nothing happen, after that i pasted gpt file . and run the command gpupdate /force . still nothing, standard user has no restrictions.

This is the message I get on other computer

policy updating , policy updated successfully. these are the messages i get. i have restarted the computer twice, just to be sure and used gpupdate /force 3 times. after that  i went to mmc created the snap in group policy object for non administrator, and i cant see any policy pre defined

Saturday, August 29, 2015 7:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Expression,

Thank you for your question. 

We could try to just copy “machine” and “user” folder in the path “%systemroot%\system32\grouppolicy\”, then check if the issue persist, we could refer to the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/2030e62e-a60d-442a-8455-647b569caffb/export-import-local-group-policy-objects?forum=itproxpsp 

If not, we could disable A/V software then restart computer or run “GPupdate /Force” to check if the issue persist.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:13 AM