none
rxLogisticRegression error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running the latest version of Microsoft Machine Learning Server 9.3 on a Linux Machine with CentOS 7 for testing purposes. I tried to run some of the samples from GitHub (https://github.com/Microsoft/microsoft-r/blob/master/microsoft-ml/Microsoft ML Tutorial/Microsoft ML Tutorial)

When running the MNIST.R code in Revo64 console, the system throws an error message when executing  the rxLogisticRegressionn function

model <- formula(paste("Label ~", paste(xVars, collapse = " + ")))
    rxLogisticRegressionFit <- rxLogisticRegression(model, dataTrain, type = "multiClass")

The error message says:
    exception while shutting down RxClientPipe: Write error: expected 8 got 4294967295

The same code is running well on my local machine (Windows 10) using the Microsoft R Client v3.4.3.

Any idea how I can fix this issue?

The same error occurs when executing the sample code from the function's documentation page  (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/machine-learning-server/r-reference/microsoftml/rxlogisticregression)

using the iris dataset:

# Multi-class logistic regression

testObs <- rnorm(nrow(iris)) > 0

testIris <- iris[testObs,]

trainIris <- iris[!testObs,]

multiLogit <- rxLogisticRegression( formula = Species~Sepal.Length + Sepal.Width + Petal.Length + Petal.Width, type = "multiClass", data = trainIris)

# Score the model score

MultiDF <- rxPredict(multiLogit, data = testIris, extraVarsToWrite = "Species") 

# Print the first rows of the data frame with scores 

head(scoreMultiDF) 

# Look at confusion matrix

table(scoreMultiDF$Species, scoreMultiDF$PredictedLabel) 

# Look at the observations with incorrect predictions

badPrediction = scoreMultiDF$Species != scoreMultiDF$PredictedLabel

scoreMultiDF[badPrediction,]

Error message:  exception while shutting down RxClientPipe: Write error: expected 8 got 4294967295

I'll be happy to receive your suggestions.

• Edited by 011gwerc01 Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:32 PM Missing Links
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:27 PM