Undeletable folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder which is located at D: \ and i created it to put my musics here ( Windows Installed at C:\ ) when i trying to delete, rename etc. its saying "Access denied", so i cant do with it but when i restarted my pc i can enter directory but still cant delete rename etc.
    What can i do?

Friday, February 5, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Ümit,

Could you please provide the following information first?

·          What is the exact error message when trying to modify or delete the folder?

·          From where you are trying to modify or delete the folder?

·          Is it an encrypted folder?

The issue can be caused by the current user does not have full permission to modify or delete the folder, or the folder is being used by another application. You can first try delete the folder in Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, please check the folder permission by referring to this article: What are permissions?

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

Why can't I delete a file or folder?

Troubleshoot "access denied" when opening files or folders

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:50 AM

All replies

• HI 

It sounds like your system infected with viruses, most application won't work , says Access denied.

Be sure you have latest updates, virus Definitions and a good anti/internet security.
    scan your system fully.

You can use Microsoft Security Essentials  as your system security.

Best regards
    Nikhil

Friday, February 5, 2010 7:23 PM
  • Hi Ümit,

Could you please provide the following information first?

·          What is the exact error message when trying to modify or delete the folder?

·          From where you are trying to modify or delete the folder?

·          Is it an encrypted folder?

The issue can be caused by the current user does not have full permission to modify or delete the folder, or the folder is being used by another application. You can first try delete the folder in Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, please check the folder permission by referring to this article: What are permissions?

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

Why can't I delete a file or folder?

Troubleshoot "access denied" when opening files or folders

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:50 AM