Windows Server 2016 WSUS - Windows 10 Upgrades RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have SCCM on Windows Server 2016, and I am trying to update from Anniversary update to Creators Update with WSUS. It shows all other updates for products I chose while configuring it, but "All Windows 10 Updates" under Windows 10 Servicing is empty. I have seen, that there was a problem and Microsoft released fix, but it applies only to Windows Server 2012 R2. There was even popup when configuring WSUS when checked "upgrades" under classifications with link to support article, but the fix is just for Windows Server 2012 R2. 

Should it have been fixed in Server 2016, or is there just fix missing for Windows server 2016? I have downloaded all recent updates, and my SCCM is in version 1702.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi SRou,

Since SCCM use the SUSDB of the WSUS server, then please check if you could see the 1703 upgrade in WSUS console, please show us the related screenshot in the WSUS console.

If the upgrade could show up in the WSUS console, while not appear in the SCCM console, I would recommend turn to SCCM forum for better help.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi SRou,

Since SCCM use the SUSDB of the WSUS server, then please check if you could see the 1703 upgrade in WSUS console, please show us the related screenshot in the WSUS console.

If the upgrade could show up in the WSUS console, while not appear in the SCCM console, I would recommend turn to SCCM forum for better help.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:20 AM
  • Hi SRou,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:57 AM
  • Similar issue here...

WSUS on 2012 R2 set to download Win10, Server 2016..

SCCM 2016, 1702 on Server 2016, 1606. Added the WSUS site system role to SCCM Sites, added the Software Update Service Role to WSUS Site system role within the SCCM Console, and configured it to synchronize to the WSUS server, the Products didn't include Win10 or 2016, but finished the wizard anyway.

After the Wizard, I've gone into the properties of the WSUS Site - Products, and still no Win 10 or 2016.  It looks like a very out of the box Windows 8 was the latest product they had (very dated).  I too have seen an article suggesting to highlight the full list of classifications which produces a window telling me to install a HotfixL KB3095113, then after complete restart the server and run Windows Update for it to pull through a further patch: KB3159706.

When trying to install KB3095113, an error occurs and says that this Hotfix is designed for Server 2012.

Just so you know I did install this Hotfix successfully on the original WSUS server being run on Server 2012 and then run the KB3095113 that comes through Windows Update.  However, still no Win 10 and 2016 in SCCM, and can't even open the WSUS console on the WSUS server as it is now trying to connect to SQL, when WSUS has always been using a WID, Hence the reason for attempting to install WSUS directly on the SCCM server box.

N.B. There were many updates required on the WSUS server, prior to the Hotfix and the Patch. I will update these to see if it makes a difference.

Any help is much appreciated?

Thanks,

Terry

Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:31 PM