none
Group Policy cant get latest policy from Active Directory

Question

• Hi Everyone,

Today i facing some issue on our Active Directory Environment. User claim that the group policy are not apply. I did check on the RSOP.msc all is correct.Event Viewer No Error. I had run gpupdate /force in AD and Client PC but the result still showing same. I had no idea on it.

AD: Windows Server 2008

Client: Windows 7

Refrence Image:

1. Client PC GPO

2. In Active Directory GPO:

Would like to seek for you all assistance.

Thank You.

Regards,

Sam

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Answers

• Check all replication is okay? Try repadmin /syncall command to force the replication from a healthy DC.

From the user machine check gpsvc logs , see which policy is getting failed and why.

Check from 445 firewall port is open from the client to the destination domain controller from where the client machine is supposed to get policy updates.

Also check is there any time miss match from the PDC.

After doing all the mentioned checks .. force gpudpate at client side, if required have a reboot and see what happens.

Hope this should resolve your issue.

And would like to know how many users reported this issue, are they from same working location / different..Do have a check with local network team as well, if seen any problem with network

Regards Prabhu

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

You may want to use Files Preferences to copy the walpaper first to end users PCs then use the local path instead of the network path.

Regards,

Calin

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

Could you get a copy of gpresult /v > gpo_client.txt and post it here, i would like to review it what error do you see when the client try to access the GPO also check the event viewer on the client if you see any gpo related errors, let us know.

Thanks

Inderjit

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:31 AM

All replies

• Check all replication is okay? Try repadmin /syncall command to force the replication from a healthy DC.

From the user machine check gpsvc logs , see which policy is getting failed and why.

Check from 445 firewall port is open from the client to the destination domain controller from where the client machine is supposed to get policy updates.

Also check is there any time miss match from the PDC.

After doing all the mentioned checks .. force gpudpate at client side, if required have a reboot and see what happens.

Hope this should resolve your issue.

And would like to know how many users reported this issue, are they from same working location / different..Do have a check with local network team as well, if seen any problem with network

Regards Prabhu

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

You may want to use Files Preferences to copy the walpaper first to end users PCs then use the local path instead of the network path.

Regards,

Calin

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Thanks Prabhu,

I will check on it later.

Thank You.

Regards,

Sam

• Proposed as answer by IJSingh Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:29 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by IJSingh Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:29 AM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 12:41 AM
  • Hi,

Could you get a copy of gpresult /v > gpo_client.txt and post it here, i would like to review it what error do you see when the client try to access the GPO also check the event viewer on the client if you see any gpo related errors, let us know.

Thanks

Inderjit

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:31 AM