none
Content Index State failed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single Exchange 2007 SP3 Update 10 server, and a single Exchange 2013 CU1 server. After installing CU1 last night, I am trying to migrate one of our system mailboxes to Exchange 2013. However one of the database on Exchange 2013 is showing the Content Index State as failed. I've tried restarting the Microsoft Exchange Search service. I also tried running

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy DatabaseName -CatalogOnly

however I get the error: Database has only one copy. This task is supported only for databases that have more than one copy.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:46 PM

Answers

• I ended up deleting the database and creating a new one. Resolved this issue, though now I'm having the problem with ECP redirecting to OWA.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Martina_Miskovic Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by GraffitiK Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    See if helps to restart the service "Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller".

It that doesn't help, stop the service and delete the ContentIndex and start the service again.
    (*\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\DatabaseName\<guid>)

Update-Mailboxdatabasecopy is only for DAG Members.

Martina Miskovic

• Proposed as answer by Mahomed_sh Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:12 PM
  • I ended up deleting the database and creating a new one. Resolved this issue, though now I'm having the problem with ECP redirecting to OWA.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Martina_Miskovic Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by GraffitiK Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:05 PM
  • Hello,

I'm glad to hear that. If you having the problem with ECP redirecting to OWA, I suggest you create a new post to avoid confusion and keep trace of troubleshooting steps.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by cara chen Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:57 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:56 AM
  • Deleted
    Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:26 AM