SCCM 2012 client installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to deploy SCCM 2012 client to my office computers using client push installation wizard, however when I random check the log file on client computers, the wizard did not start at all. Anyone know why this happen?

Anyway I can trigger the installation wizard for the clients?

Regards,

Chungb

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:01 AM

Answers

• 53 = The network path was not found. Make sure that name resolution is working then. Try to access admin$ of the client from the server and see if that works.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:09 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 9:25 AM

All replies

• Examine ccm.log on the site server and see why push failed. 

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:28 AM
  • As Torsten states check the ccm.log file for more info. 

Obvious issues are client push account not having enough rights on the client and firewall not allowing WMI and File and Print. 

Cheers

Paul | sccmentor.wordpress.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

I was not able to check ccm.log, as my site only secondary and I have only access to SCCM console. Is there other way to check the log file?

Regards,

Chungb

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:15 AM
  • You should contact the people who manage your primary site.  Alternately, you can add additional columns in the console to show "Last Installation Error" for the error code and "Last Request Attempt" for the time of the last client push.  

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

• Edited by NPherson Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:31 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:30 AM
  • Hi all,

I am waiting for the ccm.log to understand more on the actual error. I also follow Pherson advice to view the Last Installation Error and all error code return 53.

I still checking on the error code 53, if anyone have the idea please share with me. Thanks

Regards,

Chungb

Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:59 AM
  • 53 = the network path was not found.  Make sure that name resolution is working at that the clients are online. 

Thursday, December 18, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Hi Torsten,

Those computer still online and reachable by PING. I also find this solution for error code 53, do I need to enable the firewall rules as below?

"Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote administration exception"

Regards,

Chungb

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:43 AM
  • Can you connect to the admin$ on the devices yourself?

Is WMI and File and Print allowed through the firewall on these devices.

Cheers

Paul | sccmentor.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 18, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I able to access client computer's admin$, and WMI also not an issue for me. The only thing is file and print service, do I need to enable that for SCCM 2012 deployment (for window XP and window 7)?

Regards,

chungb

Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:56 PM
  • File and Print Services is a core component of the operating system.  It should be left on.  

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Hi all,

File and print services still enable after I checked, and some I already enable it just to wait for result.

Also for error code 53 it seem like one of the root cause is unable to locate the machine, so may I know which server was trying to contact client computers (I am running on SCCM console as secondary site)? From my console server, I able to access admin$ and remote WMI as well.

Monday, December 22, 2014 4:39 AM
  • Hi There,

Did you check the same by trying once installing the setup manually on any other SCCM Client?

Is your SCCM Client able to open the SCCM Server shares ?

From the client go to Start and then click Run and \\Your SCCM Server FQDN and press enter.

Also have you configured the Fail back status point ?

Check this similar issue here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93e9d83b-f1cb-4fb2-b68e-5c6025598d41/sccm-2012-error-failed-to-get-assigned-site-from-ad-error-0x80004005?forum=configmanagersecurity

Gautam.75801

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hi Gautam,

Client log file did not start at all if I use client push wizard, and when I manually install client, the log file always display "Failed to access source file (3). Waiting for retry". I have specified Management point and site code but without FSP.

Regards,

Chungb

Monday, December 22, 2014 8:27 AM
  • Hi Chungb,

Please install the FSP Role and mention the same.

Also are you able to access the SCCM Server share from the client machines ? Can you confirm that as well ?

Gautam.75801

Monday, December 22, 2014 8:37 AM
  • FSP won't change anything.
    Examine ccmsetup.log on the client instead.

Monday, December 22, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Hi Gautam,

Client able to access server share.

Monday, December 22, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Torsten,

If I use client push wizard, ccmsetup.log did not record anything (which mean wizard did not start on these machine). But Last Installation Error show error code 53.

Regards,

chungb

Monday, December 22, 2014 9:05 AM
  • 53 = The network path was not found. Make sure that name resolution is working then. Try to access admin$ of the client from the server and see if that works.

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:09 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2014 9:25 AM