none
Copying chosen application installer to Windows image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I would like to have something set up so that, for any application that is chosen to be installed from the deployment wizard, It not only gets installed onto Windows, but the installer file itself is also moved onto Windows. For example, say I have an application called x, for the install command for application x I attempted the following:

robocopy . C:\Path_Desired [installer_for_x] && [install command for application x]

but when I attempt this, both commands fails (yes, I want either both to succeed or both to fail, hence the &&). Any insight would be appreciated.

I am dealing with Windows 10. Thank you.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:38 PM

All replies

• While I'm not the greatest scripter at all, my approach would be to make an install bundle.

When someone clicks on the optional software, first a PS runs to copy the file, then another runs it all in one operation. An example I have is, I have two identical models of a pc but their WWAN card is different. I sort them by hardware ID. If I were to make it manual, I would have one PS script do:

Copy-Item -Path $PSScriptRoot\filename -Destination C:\foldername

Then in the same bundle, as the 2nd dependency, I would use a command to execute the file from within that folder on C:\. (in my case it is a batch file to launch the app).

Friday, February 7, 2020 4:36 PM
  • Why not are you copying executable inside Scripts directory to avoid network dependencies! and Copy the files to local system.

cmd /c xcopy "%Scriptroot%\FileName.exe" "C:\PathName\" /y /r  and start the execution in Next steps

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 2:32 PM