DVD-RAM Drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a inspiron 1420 with XP and a TSST corp DVD+RW TS-L632H. It was working fine but now it does NOT read any disk; I checked it and it says that the device is working properly, when I go to device manager it shows the unit perfect, I have removed the drive, reinstalled, delete filters but nothing changes. Every time a insert a disk it makes the same sound (normal), the light blinks a couples times but nothing happens. when I check on my computer it show the device but there is no CD. I also tried the troubleshooting on microsoft website, it scans my computer and says that there is a problem but doesn't show any error code, it says that it can't be fixed.

What should I do??

Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Go to disk management and check if it appears.

If not, follow the instruction below to troubleshoot.

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

When you say "when I check on my computer it show the device but there is no CD" do you mean that the icon under Devices with Removable Storage section is abnormal?

Consider installing the latest BIOS.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Another possibility is that the DVD drive is corrupt physically. It is suggested to contact the manufacture for more accurate information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:16 AM