none
Security Compliance Manager 3.0, Comparing Baseline error. "The node to be inserted is from a different document context" RRS feed

  • Question

  • I downloaded a MS 2012 R2 baseline, created a duplicate of that, customized the duplicated baseline as per out infra & locked it.
    Ran a compare between the original MS baseline & the customized one. Worked perfect.

    I exported the customized baseline in GPO Backup folder format.

    Now accidentally I deleted the customized baseline from SCM console, as well as the Original MS baseline.
    Never mind I imported the customized baseline back on the tool from the backup I created & again downloaded the default MS baseline.

    So now again I've the customized baseline which I imported as well as the original MS baseline with me.
    But when I run a comparison between them it gives me an error as " "The node to be inserted is from a different document context"

    But if the same imported customized baseline I compare it with any other Original MS baseline, it gives me the correct results without error.

    It just gives me the error only when I compare the Customized baseline with it's Original baseline.

    Any helps please?

    Here's the complete error details:-

    =============================
    System.ArgumentException
    ==================
    The node to be inserted is from a different document context.
    ------------------
    Program Location:

    at System.Xml.XmlNode.AppendChild(XmlNode newChild)
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.ClientObjects.Settings.Setting.CompareExportInfo(XmlDocument xmlDoc, XmlElement xmlSetting, Setting compareSetting)
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.ClientObjects.Settings.Setting.Compare(XmlDocument xmlDoc, Setting compareSetting)
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.ClientObjects.Baselines.Baseline.Compare(Baseline baselineB, String filePath)
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.UI.CompareBaselines.ButtonOKClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)


    • Edited by Yankee30 Friday, December 19, 2014 3:04 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:23 PM

All replies

  • I know this is an old post but I came across a similar issue. The way I worked around it was to backup the default baseline I was having issues with as a GPO, then import it as a GPO so it shows under the custom baselines GPO import module.

    Then compare that new import to your customisations, if you are still having issues, try export and import your customisations also. Hope this helps.

    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:46 PM
  • Yeah, I did that too but it's a workaround.
    I was expecting someone from Microsoft Team to help us understand this behavior & may be provide with the fix to this but seems no one from technet is going to respond here.

    Thanks for the reply though.

    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:22 PM