none
Team members don't see their tasks in EPM and the EPM manager in Resource Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

the project plan is published.

The "Publish" column contains "Yes".

The tasks contain few Resource Names.

The Resources are defined at the higher tasks. I.e. Task

• 1.1. "Project Management" contains the resources and the planned work. Start and end results from 1.1.1
    • 1.1.1 "Status Management" contains no resources and no planned work

But, the team members don't see their tasks in EPM Resource Center --> Resource Assignments. But, the EPM manager sees, that there are planned task in Resource Center --> Resource Availability.

Before a few days, the team members saw their tasks. Can someone tell us, what's going on?

Thanks and kind regards

Murol

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Murol,

Please note the following points:

• Do not assign resources at the Summary Task level
    • Always assign them at the Sub-Task level
    • Publish your projects

Check this and let me know. Everythings gonna b alrite.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

• Marked as answer by Murol Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:22 AM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:22 PM
  • So do one thing ask them to remove resources from Summary Tasks and assign resources at Child Tasks only and then save and publish the Plan.

Then you'll be able to see those task from Resource Center, Resource Assignment and Resource Availability.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Murol,

By default, Team Members don't have access to Resource Center page, I think those Team Members have accessed  My Task section in PWA and saw their assigned tasks there.

Let me know in case have any further doubts/questions or I am wrong in my understanding.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Hello Sachin,

It's at us so, too.

Sorry, I meant the team members don't see their tasksand the EPM managers don't see it in EPM Resource Center --> Resource Assignments. 

Thanks and kind regards

Murol

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:05 AM
  • Murol,

Can you check are those EPM Managers able to see their assigned tasks under My Task??

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:16 AM
  • Hello Sachin,

my account Ipolt, Peter is EPM manager. I see from the project only a task, even though I am a resource in several tasks. I'm doing some screenshots and append them.

1. project plan. Project Plan 1 contains tasks. The tasks contain several (more than 5) Resources. Project plan 2 contains a task with only my account

Project Plan 1Project Plan 2

• Edited by Murol Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:09 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:05 PM
  • 2. Resource work shows the Work and actual work in another view of the project plan

Resource work

3. ResourceAssignment shows only the task which contains only my account

ResourceAssignment

Murol

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:09 PM
  • 4. ResourceAvailability shows the times of the other tasks. The task with only my account was planned for 06.02.2014-07.02.2014 (February)

ResourceAvailability

Kind regards

Murol

Murol

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:09 PM
  • I see them under My Tasks

My Tasks

Murol

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Hi Murol

As I understand, users are not able to view the assignment in tasks or timesheet and assignments are not showing up in the resource assignments.

can you please check who is the default assignment owner for these resources.

PWA -> Server settings -> Manage users -> select a user -> check "Default assignment owner" value. By default, resource should be the default assignment owner.

==Anil==

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:06 PM
  • I have seen all your Screenshot and I found the task which you not ableto see from Resource Center are "Summar Task". Can you please let me know why do you have assigned your self and others on Summary Task .

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Hello Sachin,

that's not my project. I'm not the project manager. Someone else (an employee of the company SAP) has planned the tasks in the summary task. For seeing whether I see the tasks, I have done myself into the tasks, too.

I suggested, to define a task for each team member. But there are so many.

Kind regards

Murol

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Hello Anil,

it's the same at us. Users are not able to view the resource assignment.

The default assignment owner is the user himself.

Kind regards

Peter

Murol

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:07 PM
  • Hi Murol,

Please note the following points:

• Do not assign resources at the Summary Task level
    • Always assign them at the Sub-Task level
    • Publish your projects

Check this and let me know. Everythings gonna b alrite.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:22 PM
  • So do one thing ask them to remove resources from Summary Tasks and assign resources at Child Tasks only and then save and publish the Plan.

Then you'll be able to see those task from Resource Center, Resource Assignment and Resource Availability.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Hi Peter,

It is difficult to make out all of your screen shots, so please forgive me if this is not relevant, but it appears that you have work on summary tasks which are not reflected in the subordinate tasks.  (I.e. not rolling up). Might some of your tasks (particularly Summary Tasks) be set to Manual Schedule vs Auto Schedule mode?  In addition to the good suggestions by Amit about not resourcing Summary Tasks, Scheduling Mode could be impacting what appears and what does not appear in the Resource Availability grid below the graph.

Another idea, and it is not clear from the screen shots, might the booking type of the assignments in Project 1. Might they be "Proposed" instead of "Committed"?  That will have an impact on what appears in various areas within PWA.

The one thing I find interesting is that your task is scheduled from 2/6 to 2/7, but the resource availability grid shows fractions of work through weeks as far as 4/28. What type of task is that, and do you have any constraints.  Has any actual work been entered in the Project Plan or via My Tasks, or Timesheets?

Just some thoughts; hope you get to the bottom of this!

Regards,

Justin

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Hello Justin,

thank you for your comment. Till now, I didn't know the fields "Booking Type" and "Task Mode" and don't know the impacts. Task Mode is "Automatic scheduled task" at all tasks. Any actual work was entered in the project plan via my tasks.

I shall propose that the project manager don't assign tasks to resources in summary tasks.

Kind regards

Peter

Murol

Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:21 AM