none
Getting BSOD - Driver Power State Failure when going into sleep mode

Question

• I have tried to test this issue my self by trying to read trough the DMP file and Event Viewer. (haven't done this before, so i think i have possibly overlooked something)

The computer model is: HP ProBook 430 G2

The things i have tried is uninstalling and updating the drivers.

Using another OS Disk (It worked fine when doing this)

Starting in safe mode (This also worked fine)

Checked advanced power settings (Was nothing wrong there from what i could see)

Here is the DMP file https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aico77bHg1J14VO6EJ7dOPaFTtbj

Monday, February 6, 2017 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashell Seasucker,

If you Start in safe mode (This also worked fine), it could be related to the drivers. Using another OS Disk works fine, it could be related to the memory.

Consider running chkdsk on all partitions.  Let chkdsk complete on each partition and see if that helps.

Also consider running SFC /SCANNOW.

Other common suggestions include ensuring drivers are up to date from the manufacturer's official site (including video drivers), as well as ensuring that you're  using the latest BIOS.

For memory corruption cases, it can be helpful to use Driver Verifier.  To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings- >Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out  of the dialog.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:05 AM
  • I have done what you have said, but tests shows no errors or issues.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Ashell Seasucker,

Thank you for your reply.

Does you update all the drivers including the USB driver, BIOS or webcam driver and so on?

Meanwhile we could perform a Clean Boot to avoid the effect of third party software and temporarily turn off security software to check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If these steps we have tried and don't work, I suggest that we could try use the system restore to get an earlier state to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:55 AM
  • Hi Ashell Seasucker,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi Ashell Seasucker,

Any update?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:31 AM