full factory system restore RRS feed

• Question

• ive had a few problems with my emachine computer and i hav restored full factory settings usuing the f8 key and im having a few problems lately and ive tried to use the f8 key again to restore full factory settings again but its not an option does any one know how else i can restore factory settings or restore my pc? i dont have a cd to help me......thank you all god bless
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:39 PM

Answers

• I'm not 100% sure of this, but as I understand it F8 has been a "windows" startup option button since windows 2000.  Anyhoo, the system should have a recovery partition on the hard drive, if this has become corrupt, deleted or otherwise unavailable then you will need to obtain physical media to recover your PC.

If you can still access Windows, then use the system restore as ManU PhiliP has suggested.

Draccus

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:31 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hai,

Try System restore from Start > Programs >Acessories > System Tools > System Restore

regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    ManuPhilip
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:57 PM
  • I'm not 100% sure of this, but as I understand it F8 has been a "windows" startup option button since windows 2000.  Anyhoo, the system should have a recovery partition on the hard drive, if this has become corrupt, deleted or otherwise unavailable then you will need to obtain physical media to recover your PC.

If you can still access Windows, then use the system restore as ManU PhiliP has suggested.

Draccus

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:31 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:21 PM