none
Event ID 2158 MSExchange ADAccess RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following Warnings over and over.

(Different users)

Process Microsoft.Exchange.AddressBook.Service.exe (PID=2152). Recipient object CN=XXX,OU=XXX,OU=XXX,OU=XXX,DC=XXXX,DC=org read from <Domain Controller> failed validation. A partially valid object will be returned.  Set event logging level for Validation category to Expert to get additional events about each failure.

I have enabled Expert logging and it just seemed to increase the number of Warnings. 

I have run DCDiag against all of the DC's and all is healthty

We have Exchange 2010 on 3 different servers with 4 DC's in the eviroment.  We have a exchange 2003 server running public folders only.  

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Please install the latest service pack and rollup for Exchange 2010 first:

ADAccess validation errors

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/3d346295-86fe-4372-aada-42826c5994fe

Frank Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Hi Robert,

Any updates?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:29 AM
  • We have this error as well- Event 2158 in Exchange 2010 SP1.

After setting Validation logging to Expert,

[In Exchange management Shell: set-eventloglevel -identity "MSExchange ADAccess\Validation" -Level "Expert"]

we get Event 2161, MSExchange ADAccess

Process Microsoft.Exchange.AddressBook.Service.exe (PID=2588). Object CN=ExchangeServices,OU=<OU>,OU=<OU>,DC=<Domain>,DC=com read from <ADSERVER.domain.com> failed validation. Attribute: ExchangeLegacyDN. Error message: You must provide a value for this property.. Invalid data: .

I discovered this troubleshooting an issue where Outlook 2003 clients do not retrieve updates in the GAL and put them in the OAB.

Frank

Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Sorry for delayed reply.  SP1 did fix the issues for me.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:13 PM