none
Relocate Recycle Bin on folder redirection?

Question

• Folder Redirection, entails having a Recycle Bin per each redirected folder.

In my scenario, this is a huge problem, as some redirected folders are synchronised online over the Internet and keeping the recycle bin in the sync, would lead to huge unwanted traffic.

Is there a way to keep folder-redirected functionality while relocating the recycle bin folder somewhere else on the server?

Thursday, February 09, 2017 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, The Recycling Bin folder on the Desktop is a merged view of all the locations into one view. Each redirected folder has its own recycling bin. And it seems that there is no such built-in methods to relocate the Recycle Bin folder based on my research.
    Based on your scenario, I would suggest the following suggestions to have a try and see if it helps:
    1. control Recycle Bin behavior via the following key to disable usage of Recycle Bin for Redirected Folders:
    "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket\@
    NukeOnDelete=1
    2. Right click on recycle bin and choose properties. In the pop up view, check "Do not move files to.....” it will control the size of Recycle Bin, and tell users to clean up Recycle Bin periodically.
    Here is a similar thread and someone discussed details in it, you could refer to:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/10bfcfb9-14f3-434e-9ffa-0289b8b32e01/folder-redirection-recycle-bin?forum=winserverGP
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 2:50 AM