Can I delete System Center servers and Build new? Is that a problem? Any special steps? RRS feed

• Question

• I appreciate any help in advance. I started building out a System Center environment and stopped after realizing although it was System Center 2012 it was not compatible with Server 2012. I was not able to add WSUS since it was not compatible.

Now that SP1 is out, rather than updating I would rather just rebuild all my servers and start a new System Center environment. Can I just remove (disjoin from the domain) these current servers and build new? Or do I have to do some more work before doing that? Or would it just be best if I updated the existing servers to SP1?

Also, if I can just disjoin the servers and build new, do I have to use the same hostnames or anything special? Again, any help is much appreciated.

Current servers up and running (SQL 2012 (holds sccm db), SCCM, SCOM, SCEP, & SCWSUS (not configured at all).

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can reinstall Everything, you should clean the \System\System Management container in AD for all objects from the Configuration manager 2012 site that you are reinstalling.

Regards,
    jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by John Marcum Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Adding to Jorgen's reply, I would use a different site code too.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can reinstall Everything, you should clean the \System\System Management container in AD for all objects from the Configuration manager 2012 site that you are reinstalling.

Regards,
    jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by John Marcum Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Adding to Jorgen's reply, I would use a different site code too.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:55 AM
  • And one other things ... not very well known, but you should only reinstall everything on a Thursday and not a Friday :-)

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG | File CM12 Feedback | CM12 Docs | CM12 Release Notes

• Proposed as answer by Squeezer99 Friday, March 15, 2013 4:42 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 11:39 AM