Internet Explorer 11 - Webpage displaying random characters on links RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

This issue is happening on my work computer. We recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I am currently running Internet Explorer 11. Prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 I had no issues, however after the upgrade a specific web page I use for work is displaying incorrect characters on most of the links and buttons of the page. I have not noticed the issue on most web pages, however for a vital web page that we use to conduct business, it shows random characters instead of the text that should be there for the link.

Example: There is a tool bar that has options such as clicking "filter" to filter search results. However, my "filter" button shows a "F" as the link. Options beside it such as "clear all" and "Grid on/off" instead show "w" and "j" for some odd reason. It just seems like the browser is displaying random characters instread of what it should be. There is even a link on the page that is a " ) " instead of the correct word it should be displaying as a link.

Has anyone had similar issues before or have any idea what could be causing this? My colleagues all have my exact same setup and none of them are having issues. One colleague said sometimes he notices weird characters as soon as he loads the page, but it corrects itself to the proper page display after a second or two. Perhaps something within IE 11 isn't loading correctly? Any ideas?

Thank you

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you may see incorrect characters for a number of reasons.

try

compare your browser settings for

View>Encoding (expected Unicode (UTF-8)

the settings for your web browser on work networks is usually managed centrally by your company IT department.

Other settings, such as Enterprise site mode lists, that can affect the display/encoding of web pages may be managed by your IT department or programmers. You should in the first instance contact your IT department for assistance with your windows user profile or software settings.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us . To avoid confusion, include a screen shot with your questions.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:32 PM
  • Thank you Rob
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:45 PM