HIS 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone else have this MP and are seeing quite a few event ID 10 events in the app logs and general WMI failures, over and over? Also, is it just me or the guide is pretty bad?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:28 AM

Answers

• looks like a rule named "DO NOT DELETE OR DISABLE - MsSna_Connection events" is running a WMI query "select * from __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 2 WHERE TargetInstance ISA 'MsSna_Connection'" in "root\microsofthis" every 15 seconds. According to the MOM 2005 guide (this mp comes with a SCOM 2007 and MOM 2005 guide...) it's supposed to run to make sure HIS is up. If I run it manually it says invalid WMI query. Also the guide vaguely states:

After you import the Windows Host Integration Server Management Pack, ,the WMI query must also be configured. If the WMI query is not configured, discovery and monitoring will not function.

But there isn't any other information and I'm not sure this has anything to do with the query above or for that matter what query it's referring to. Anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks
    • Marked as answer by jbn2050 Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:24 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:56 AM

All replies

• looks like a rule named "DO NOT DELETE OR DISABLE - MsSna_Connection events" is running a WMI query "select * from __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 2 WHERE TargetInstance ISA 'MsSna_Connection'" in "root\microsofthis" every 15 seconds. According to the MOM 2005 guide (this mp comes with a SCOM 2007 and MOM 2005 guide...) it's supposed to run to make sure HIS is up. If I run it manually it says invalid WMI query. Also the guide vaguely states:

After you import the Windows Host Integration Server Management Pack, ,the WMI query must also be configured. If the WMI query is not configured, discovery and monitoring will not function.

But there isn't any other information and I'm not sure this has anything to do with the query above or for that matter what query it's referring to. Anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks
    • Marked as answer by jbn2050 Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:24 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:56 AM
  • Hi, No activity for 30 days. Will mark as answer. Feel free to re-open. Thanks

Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:37 PM