Processing the Cube breaks all the books RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are running Proclarity 6.3.  After processing the cube, looking at any of the reports throws a generic error.  Looking at one of the reports in IIS Browser fixes the problem.  I am thinking that the guid is changed everytime the cube is processed. 

Any suggestions?

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello krnlPanic,

Processing cubes should not break your existing books unless your cube has undergone structural changes.  Have you ensured you're running the latest 6.3 hotfix?  I suggest upgrading to 6.3.2214 if you haven't already.  If the error still occurs, what is its exact verbiage?

Thanks,

Amanda

Monday, April 7, 2008 10:09 PM
  •  

krnlPanic,

Amanda is on the right trail I believe.  Also, during your DW ETL and subsequent cube processing, are you maintaining the member keys?  For example, are you making sure that member keys stay the same? 

-Joey

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:32 AM
  •  

I applied the hotfix and restarted the server, but the problem percist.  Yes we keep the same member keys.  The cube and PAS are on different servers.  Have anyone ever heard of opening Proclarity in IIS Browser and it solving the issue.  I still think it is something with the OLE DB Connection Pooling? 

The exact verbage is:

The selected page could not be opened because the cube could not be found. Please choose a different page.

Go to the Contents tab.

Any advice?

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 8:25 PM
  • Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:15 PM