none
Cannot re-add SQL database to protection group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a situation where my BES database was inconsistent in DPM 2012 SP1. I removed the DB from my SQL protect group and deleted the replica data from the server. When I try to re-add it back to the protection group, I am unable to see the DB in the list of DBs on the instance.

• BES DB is mirrored (no FS Witness)
    • Principal is 2008 R2 SP1 Cluster
    • Mirror is 2008 R2 SP1 Server (No Cluster)
    • DPM Server is DPM 2012 SP1, version 4.1.3417.0
    • Protection Group is Auto-Protection enabled

I have stopped protection on the entire SQL Cluster (keeping data), recreating the Protection Group. I have also disabled and re-enabled Auto-Protection. No dice.

Any ideas?

Shawn

Friday, January 24, 2014 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What was the original casuse of the inconsistency to begin with - that may hold a clue why we cannot re-protect ?

Please make sure the mirroring role has not been switched.

Any mirrored database will be listed on the principal server only and can be selected there for protection.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 24, 2014 5:44 PM