none
Internet Explorer 11: File Download Dialog not appear RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I've created a macro to automate downloading dynamic generated files from server with Internet Explorer 10 and previous version. But now, I was requested to enable the macro to work with Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1. I tested the macro but when downloading the dynamic files, the file download dialog did not appear like pervious version, but just a bar at the bottom of the page. So the macro can not get the save button and automate to click the save button. 

I've searched via google but all solutions were for Internet Explorer 9 or previous. I can't search any solution for IE 11. Is there anyone can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

WilliamWLC

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:24 AM

Answers

• I hardly get the bottom bar.

I mean "Press Alt-N"  to get focus there.  Etc.  Ooh.  Well, I can get to anything there but it certainly isn't as obvious as I thought.  For example, after Alt-N in order to open the Save menu it appears you would have to go:  Tab, CursorDown, and then more Cursor movements as desired, with Spacebar to action what is finally selected.  Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:49 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• bar at the bottom of the page. So the macro can not get the save button and automate to click the save button. 

There is still keyboard access even there, so can your macro not access it that way?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:58 PM
    Answerer
  • My macro needs to be used in different language platform. I use "FindWindowEx" function to get the window, but in different platform, the strings on the bar will be localized. So I hardly get the bottom bar.

Thanks

WilliamWLC

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:36 AM
  • I hardly get the bottom bar.

I mean "Press Alt-N"  to get focus there.  Etc.  Ooh.  Well, I can get to anything there but it certainly isn't as obvious as I thought.  For example, after Alt-N in order to open the Save menu it appears you would have to go:  Tab, CursorDown, and then more Cursor movements as desired, with Spacebar to action what is finally selected.  Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

As I know, you can press “Ctrl + J” if you want to display the file download dialog box in Internet Explorer 11.

I suspect the issue is related to the changes in IE 11, such as HTML5, CSS3 and others.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to post the same question in Microsoft MSDN IE Development Forums for further assistance.

As IE development forum focuses on questions about web development including HTML, CSS and Script for Internet Explorer, your issue can be fixed efficiently.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:22 AM
  • As I know, you can press “Ctrl + J” if you want to display the file download dialog box in Internet Explorer 11.

@ Blair

I don't think that's the right scenario.  My simulation was done using Microsoft search to find  filetype:pdf  and then opening one of the result links which was definitely a .pdf file.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi, Robert

Thanks, I'll try!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:19 AM