Outlook 2016 not sync imap mail read flags across multiple devices RRS feed

• Question

• hi to all

I've two fresh install office 2016 pro plus on two different device , and both have same imap account

If in Outllok A , i read mail , in Outlook B don't result read and viceversa

Is there someone who can help me ?

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

According to my research, there are some suggestions for you.

1. Please try to remove your account then reconfigure it on both devices. Make sure it's IMAP but not POP.
    2. To confirm whether this is a server synchronization issue, it is suggested to test two situation:
      1)Read a new email on your web mail then go to your two devices, click Send & Receive and check the result.
      2)Read a new email on one of the two devices then go to your web mail after a while and check the result.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 5, 2019 3:12 AM
  • Hi Aidan Wang, thanks for collaboration

1 Please try to remove your account then reconfigure it on both devices. Make sure it's IMAP but not POP.

I've already tried to make it , but don't change nothing . The problem persist

2 To confirm whether this is a server synchronization issue, it is suggested to test two situation

If a read mail from webmail , mail in outlook A and Outlook B , appears to have been read

If a read mail from Outlook A or Outlook B , in webmail don't appears read , and , if a read mail in outlook A , in outlook B it appears "to read" and viceversa

I don't understand

Thanks for collaboration

Friday, July 5, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

>> If a read mail from webmail , mail in outlook A and Outlook B , appears to have been read
         If a read mail from Outlook A or Outlook B , in webmail don't appears read , and , if a read mail in outlook 

There may be some factors in your environment are causing this issue. So please try the following suggestions in both two devices to troubleshot this issue.

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. It is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs may also cause this problem. 
    3. Besides, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    4. If the issue continues, please repair your Office installation in both two devices.

In addition, if possible, it is suggested to configure a new IMAP account on both two devices and see if the issue can be reproduced. We can confirm if this is a issue related to the specific email account.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:39 AM