TPM Virtual Smart Card on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

My project  is working on TPM Virtual Smart Card: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh707164%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I can use both of two APIs  CreateVirtualSmartCard, DestroyVirtualSmartCard working fine.

But i have one issue: how can we Reset/Change Pin Number. The TPM APIs not available to work on that?

Do you have any solutions to change/reset PIN NUMBER? 

Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Vu Nhan,

The PIN for virtual smart card can be changed by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then selecting the TPM virtual smart card under Sign in options.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response come soon.

I know that option, but my expectation we want to change use APIs to work in C# or C++ Programming.

And we would suggest your support for two APIs:
          -  Reset Pin Number

- Change Pin Number

Why I want this because we have to use APIs and custom to proceed Entrust to Our Domain.

I'm looking forward to your reply come back soon. In fact, we really hurry up on this situation.

Many thanks for your supports.

• Edited by Vu Nhan Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:15 AM Entrust update
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:11 AM
  • Hi Vu Nhan,

Thank you for your update.

If you want to try using API to reset or change Pin. You need to post the issue to the Windows developer support forum. This is the right place to help you change use API to work.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=windowsdesktopdev

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:06 AM