none
Project Server 2010 SP1 11073 error every second save RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010 SP1.  Approx 300 plans, of which approximately 10 exhibit the following behaviour

1. Open the plan from Project Center in Project Professional for edit, make a small change, Save.  Error 11073 results.  Check in
    2. Open the plan from Project Center in Project Professional for edit, make a small change, Save.  Save processes successfully.  Check in

3rd and 5th save give 11073, 4th and 6th save successful

In the Queue each failed Save shows 2x Save from Project Professional rows, both are immeadiately set to Job State of 'Cancelled' and show an error of 'the root element is missing'

Note also that the 11073 dialogue refers to lookup tables and lookup table values.  Tracing the UIDs of these values in all environments results in no returns (i.e. the lookup table value quoted does not exist.

Initial investigation suggests 'corruption' but why would the second, forth, sixth save processes be successful if this is case?

Please can anyone suggest what is happening here before I escalate to Microsoft.

Thanks

Andrew

Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:43 PM

All replies

• Andrew,

Since issue is specific to 10 project plan , did you  try to repro the issue using different computer or user?

Please share exact error message from ULS log

Did you try saving each lookup table and custom fields?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:18 PM
  • Hrishi,

I haven't as yet looked at the ULS logs (as I have no direct access).  I'm not expecting to find anything, as 'root element is missing' error suggests a failure before anything is logged on the server, however have put the wheels in motion and will share as soon as I have these.

Not tried saving each ECF / lookup table.  Will give this a go.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Andrew

Friday, March 8, 2013 2:13 PM