none
Can new PWA views be created whereby a filter can be set and associate to the view by default? (Project Server 2013 ONLINE) RRS feed

• Question

• My main question is: Can new PWA views be created whereby a filter for that view can be set, and associate to the view by default? (Project Server 2013 ONLINE)? and can I have a filter set to filter on person logged on to...

In previous versions of Project Server, when CREATING a PWA view, we were able to apply/ define a filter for that view.  Does not seem like it is the case in Project Server 2013 Online.  And if I remember, we could also use the URL Guid_view_id.  Please confirm; and / or tell me how-to.

What I was hoping to do is the following... Given that our standard that we have adopted for reporting time is 'My Timesheets' (fyi, Single Mode Entry=ON), we have some resources who have others who do it on their behalf via 'My Tasks' (ie., accomplished by using the 'Assignment Owner' field, accordingly).  Therefore, when entering time on someone else's behalf within 'My Tasks', we like to present the user that is logged in only the tasks that they are are assigned to update on others' behlaf.

I know that there is another more elegant approach to doing this which may be to use the Delegation feature. But since we are trying to stick to Sharepoint Security mode for now, this is not an option for the time being.

Any help appreciated would be greatly appreciated.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Friday, November 7, 2014 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

1- You still can define in Project Online a filter in the view settings, it is located just above the category setting. Here is a screenshot of the summary project center view:

2- The view GUID is not anymore in the URL, since the URL triggers an action only on the webpart and not on the whole page. I agree this is annoying since it was great to send a URL with a specific view.

3- Concerning the access to my timesheet versus my task, I'm not sure to get a full understanding but on a general way, it is much more easy to deal with those situation using categories which you cannot do with the SP permission mode.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 7, 2014 7:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

1- You still can define in Project Online a filter in the view settings, it is located just above the category setting. Here is a screenshot of the summary project center view:

2- The view GUID is not anymore in the URL, since the URL triggers an action only on the webpart and not on the whole page. I agree this is annoying since it was great to send a URL with a specific view.

3- Concerning the access to my timesheet versus my task, I'm not sure to get a full understanding but on a general way, it is much more easy to deal with those situation using categories which you cannot do with the SP permission mode.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 7, 2014 7:38 PM
  • It happens that the only view that does not have the filter is "My Work" and it is the one I was hoping would have it.  Merci, Guillaume!

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:44 AM