none
Help Please - Project Summary not updating Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

In desperate need of assistance.

I have published a project and then went to our project site and the project summary dashboard is blank, any idea why this would be and how I update it to reflect the newly published schedule?  The schedule was previously cleared until it was refreshed.

Help

Thanks

Sean

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:58 PM

All replies

• Sean,

The project summary webpart on the home page of the project site is driven by the Tasks list that is in the Project Site.

If the task list is not populated then the dashboard will be blank.  In Project Online there is a setting that prevents the task list from synchronising in ⚙->PWA Settings->Connected SharePoint Sites -> Settings

If you are using Project Server 2013 on-premise then you project may not be publishing correctly, and hence not updating the tasks list. There are many possible reasons for this, but I suggest starting with taking a look at the Queue (⚙->PWA Settings->Manage Queue Jobs) and watch what happens as you publish the project, ensuring all the jobs are completed successfully.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -
    • Edited by James Boman Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:22 PM
  • Hi James

Many thanks for replying, I have set the flag as you requested.

I assume I need to republish now?

I am hoping this is unrelated, I copied a schedule into Server 2013 this morning and published, I didnt cross reference the resource names (we only have one project so enterprise functionality at this point is not key).  Coincidentally, around the same time, people lost project site access and I am now concerned that publishing may have done this?

Is this possible?

Regards

Sean

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Yes - republish now, this hopefully will then populate the Tasks list in the Project Site, which should update the Project Summary webpart.

Security is a big topic, suffice to say that if you changed the resources/team on your project, and you are running in classic-mode authentication for Project Server, then those changes will be reflected in your project site permissions.

There are many ways to have security permissions added to a project site - If you have trouble figuring this out then log a new question in the forum.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -
    • Edited by James Boman Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:37 AM