none
DPM2012 - Issue Backing up VHDs in CSV RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my environment i have few cluster servers all in a single cluster group. When I try to back up one of the VHS in an assigned CSV to host1 via DPM2012, it just backups up the folder structure till CSV Volume name and nothing else. job closes as successful.

Any idea what could be the reason for it on not backing up the VHD? Secondly there are no other jobs running that might conflict with these VHDs or Hoist server

Br,

Khurram

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:49 AM

Answers

• Khurram,

Can you provide more details about the statement "it just backups the folder structure till CSV Volume name and nothing else"?  As for protecting a VHD, the VM you want to backup up should be added to a protection group by expanding the cluster and adding the VM's.  You should not add the VM to a protection group under the cluster node tree.  The VM should be named "\Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\servername" in the PG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:09 PM