none
PPS 2007 pre-caching RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Simple request really.. do you know of a way to warm up or cache a Sharepoint page that contains an some PPS2007 analytical charts?

Scenario:

We have lost the PPS Monitoring server cache because we have had to use per user security with Kerberos in order to enforce our cube roles.

The client is experiencing an initial delay in the morning when they fire up their dashboards. We have adjusted IIS worker process recycling etc so that this delay only occurs once a day from the sharepoint side. i.e. recylcle every 24 hours

Then I have tried to use a third party web crawler type tool to schedule a hit on dashboard pages early in the morning before people get into work. This has worked to an extent... The sharepoint page loads up really quick now but the PPS AJAX parts are still slow. Obviously the command line tool (Wget) ive used to schedule the page hit doesn’t process the javascript as required.

Since cubes are reprocessed every night, an option may be to schedule some queries to run after that process – to warm up the SSAS cache.. However there are a number of pages containing various charts so this will be tedious.. i.e. hitting the whole page is a better option.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Friday, August 13, 2010 3:32 AM

All replies