none
Refining by folder y/n RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me the crawled property I can include in the refinement panel to allow users to select to show either (i) file share files or (ii) file share folders?

Thanks, Shane

Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Shane (again :) ),

You would have to create this yourself by using the url crawled property and copy it over to a new crawled property.

<CrawledProperty propertySet="11280615-f653-448f-8ed8-2915008789f2" varType="31" propertyName="url"/>

The only thing default is to show the fileshare startfolder in the Site hierarchy refiner.

-m

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Friday, July 15, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Hi Mikael,

could I not use the isdocument mapped property in the refinement panel Filter Category Definition? I've added the code below but nothing is showing up. I'd like to think it's a simple change to this and hey presto!

Category Title="Document / Folder" Description="Show only docs or folders"
       Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator"
       MetadataThreshold="1" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="4" MaxNumberOfFilters="20"
       ShowMoreLink="True" MappedProperty="isdocument" MoreLinkText="show more"
       LessLinkText="show fewer" ShowCounts="Count"

Entering isdocument:true/false in the search box gives me exactly what I want. Thanks for your answer though (even if I don't exactly understand how to implement it!)

Shane

Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Sorry, I misread your question.

You can not IsDocument as it's a boolean property, and you can only have navigators on numbers and strings.

If it had been a textual property you could have turn on refinement for the property using PowerShell or the UI:

Set-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty -Name IsDocument -RefinementEnabled $true

Afterwards you would have to re-crawl your data to populate the refiner.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:30 PM
  • Any chance of using custom filter logic like the OOB date range refiner? Could I, for example have logic like

if file extension is .doc or .docx or .xls etc...

Do folders have a NULL file extension value? Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks, Shane

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:39 PM