Setting "Personalization/desktop Background/Picture location: Pictures Library" is not working! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a problem with personalization,

When I set "Personalization/desktop Background/Picture location" to "Pictures Library" it just ignores it and select another option from drop down list.

This problem happens after I change my theme. The old theme's "Picture location" was set to "Pictures Library" and I can not get this option again even by applying the old theme.

My "Pictures Library" address has been altered to "G:\Wallpapers", because of having huge Wallpaper Gallery there, and I use this method to have all of my wallpapers as "desktop Background" without adding so many subfolders from "G:\Wallpapers" to "Picture location" or copying them into my default "Pictures Library" path.

I even try restoring default path of "Pictures Library" but even so, Its wasn't selectable from drop down list.

How can I fix that?

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:11 AM

All replies

• your going to have to go into the registry

go to start... run... regedit

then navigate to the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Wallpapers

Once there you will see a folder under wallpapers called images.  Delete this folder. Now open up the pictures library again, should reset it all to default

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Hi, thanks, I did that, but still selecting "Pictures Library" from drop down list is not possible!
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:58 PM
  • How many locations included in your Picture Library? Are there any network ones?

What do you mean it cannot be selectable? Is it grayed out? Please provide us with a screenshot, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Meanwhile, create a new user account see if it works.

Regards,

Miya

Miya Yao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:18 AM
  • I just reset the list, deleting some addresses in registry, so its 5 now: "Windows Wallpapers","Pictures Library","Top Rated photos","Solid Colors" and "Windows".

No, its not gray, it looks like other options, avaible, but when I select it, Control Panel just ignore my selection and chooses another option! So its not s.th I can show with a screenshot, maybe a short video?

New user accounts created have same issu. Its just not working.

I'm wating for your opinion. Thanks.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Anyone any idea?
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:51 AM
  • I am having the same exact problem!!! it ignores my choice no matter what location I choose!!! and this DID NOT work!!! it is still ignoring the location I try to set!!!
    Friday, April 20, 2012 12:52 AM