Random browser issues... RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, my browser (both firefox and IE) will randomly stop working. The browser itself still runs and functions, but neither will load ANY site. Upon entering a URL and hitting enter, I IMMEDIATELY get your usual Page cannot be displayed error, as if the webserver isn't responding, yet i get the error instantly. However, I can still ping and stay connected to IM apps. I have to reboot in order to be able to browse again.

The only thing I can see in Event Viewer that occurs at about the same time my web browsers stop functioning is this:

Code Snippet

The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{3D55FA57-BEFE-45E1-B6F7-339391AE52BE}. The backup browser is stopping.

Machine's that are using the shared connection over the network work fine.

Any ideas?

One thing I should note is that i'm connecting to the internet via Sprint Mobile Broadband (Novatel U720 USB modem) using Vista's built-in DUN. If I run Sprint's connection manager, the connection reconnects every 30 seconds or so. The connection manager works fine in XP however.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 9:20 PM