outlook 2016 Delivery confirmation only RRS feed

• Question

• Hello people

We have a problem, we updated Outlook 2010 to 2016, and from that we do not receive any more confirmations of READ, only DELIVERY confirmations.

It is configured in outlook 2016 to send both DELIVERY AND READING confirmation, however only the delivery confirmation is being made.

What can it be? How can I get around this problem?
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

>> It is configured in outlook 2016 to send both DELIVERY AND READING confirmation, however only the delivery confirmation is being made.

As far as I know, there are various reasons for this issue to happen. First of all please check if users in your environment have had the Receipts feature turned off via File > Options > Mail > Tracking. Make sure the option of Never Send a read receipt is not selected:

Besides, even when the receiver sends out the Read Receipt, it could be that the mail server of the receiver doesn’t support it or disallows it to be forwarded to the Internet and drops the Read Receipt. Please check with your mail administrator to see if such configuration was made in Exchange. 

For more possible reasons for this issue, please check the following article about Not receiving requested Read Receipts:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/not-receiving-read-receipts

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 8:03 AM
  • The settings requesting Receipt Confirmation and Read Receipt are enabled.

I am doing tests between 2 email accounts that I have one inside the company and another outside the company, and simply the confirmation of reading never arrives, just the acknowledgment of receipt.

Because the incoming acknowledgment arrives and the incoming receipt does not arrive, if both are configured to send?

Another issue is that in Outlook 2010, this always worked, and some customers who still have Outlook 2010, this works normally.
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:27 PM